When you are ready to register for income tax courses, simply select the course that meets your needs and complete the online registration through the link labeled Enroll Now to the right.
Online course support:
- At CTS4TaxSchool your instructor for online courses is Pam Reynolds. She has helped hundreds of students to complete their new preparer courses and go on to rewarding tax preparation careers. To contact your instructor, simply contact Pam at this link. Response time is usually within the same day of your question if it is during the work week. Pam has been preparing taxes for individuals and businesses for 25 years.
- Technical support for the courses is also available through this link.
- For the online tax education courses as all of the materials needed are available online in a PDF format. However, many students decide to purchase the book so they have the option to read offline, have a reference manual for later and to save money on printing forms, etc.
If you register for an online tax preparation course
(entire course is taken online):
- Upon receipt of your paid order, we will contact you by email to issue your username and password along with directions on how to begin the course within 1 business day. If you have requested a textbook for an additional fee, it will ship within 3 business days via UPS Ground. Should you need the book sooner, an additional fee will apply. Please be sure to give a physical street address and not a P.O. Box, as UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box.
- Once you receive your email with your username and password you can begin immediately. Since the online tax education courses have automatic grading, you can move through the course at your own pace, emailing your instructor when you have questions. Please be aware of the time limits for the course, which are listed under the enrollment terms. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion by U.S. Mail and an email with bond information, CTEC links for online registration and a PDF of your certificate.
- Students must finish the registered income tax courses and achieve a 70% or greater on all homework assignments, quizzes and exams in order to be awarded a Certificate of Achievement documenting successful completion of the course through CTS4TaxSchool.
Continuing Professional Education Requirements
- Prospective students who are California CTEC registered or are Enrolled Agents will be awarded credit toward their requirements for Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
- Prospective students who are Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) or Certified Financial Planners (CFPs ®) should seek verification of CPE credit with their appropriate state board of accountability prior to enrolling in a course since this varies from state to state.